How to Become a Gaia Education Certified Trainer
Taking the ToT is part of the Gaia Education learning journey and brings you one step closer to becoming a certified trainer. The minimum requirement to be certified is to complete the following:
- Attend a Gaia Education Certified Face-to-Face Ecovillage Design Education programme (EDE)
- Complete the minimum of one dimension of the Gaia Education Design for Sustainability (GEDS) online course, focusing on the area you want to teach
- Attend the Gaia Education Training of Trainers (ToT) course
- Pass an interview during the Gaia Education ToT. This will ascertain your suitability to be certified and included on the Gaia Education Certificated Trainers’ Roster or determine any additional steps required to fulfill this.
Maintaining the Certificated Trainer Status
A Certified Trainer is involved in a continuous process of emergence, active engagement, innovation and development. To maintain certificated trainer status you must:
- keep up-to-date information on the Trainers Directory.
- regularly contribute articles, exchange ideas and share relevant information with the Global Ecovillage Educators for a Sustainable Earth (GEESE) and through other Gaia Education communication channels.
- have a consistently positive facilitator evaluation from students and organisers.
- have facilitated at least one Gaia Education certified face-to-face programme within two years of receiving your certification.
y editing it directly on this page.